Mentorship at the Botswana Accountancy College in Gaborone, Botswana
Dr. Vimal Shah, CEO Bidco Africa Ltd. with Robin Muraya and Jennie Kato at the "Mentoring Future Leaders"
NYS Engineering, with thanks to Dr. Nelson Githinji
Engineering tour of Kenya Power facilities
Mt. Longonot, Experiential Training for our youth through Mountain Climbing
Brian Ngugi with top journalist Jeff Koinange
George Gathiani speaking at Limuru Girls School. Currently on full scholarship, Washington University in St. Louis, USA
Ilham Ali speaking to students at Tudor Boys Secondary School, Mombasa, Kenya
Edyth Anziya at Lycee de Kigali, Rwanda
Nyamawih Charo engaging with students at Kangundo DEB Primary School in Kenya
The name "AKAD" is based on the names of the founders of the Akad Educational Group, namely;
For more information, kindly see article by clicking here
We provide Capacity Building through Careers, Mentorship & Value Based Leadership training as a Social Enterprise.
As a Social Enterprise, we are led by a social and cultural mission for public, community and national benefit. Social Enterprises trade to fulfill the mission and reinvest majority of profit / surplus in fulfillment of the mission.
Our mission is carried out through the following options;
"God put dreams in our hearts..but along comes life and pushes these aside, and it becomes too painful to think about them... so we abandon them... however, we must empower ourselves through personal development and we shall realize our original dreams...."
- Alianda Kaye, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Our mentees have traveled to Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, South Africa, UK, Europe and USA.
These have succeeding in obtaining admission and scholarships to top institutions which include, but are not limited to the following;
- Harvard University, USA (2011, 2016)
- University of Pennsylvania, USA (2015)
- African Leadership Academy, South Africa (2011, 2013, 2015. 2017)
- African Leadership University, Mauritius (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Carnegie Mellon University (2011)
- Wageningen University and Research Centre, Netherlands (2011)
- University of California, Davis, USA (2014),
- Oklahoma State University (2014)
- University of Bath, UK (2014)
- University College London, UK (2015)
- Washington University in St. Louis, USA (2015)
For Testimonials of our work, click here
Sample AKAD Activities
AKAD Mentorship Model
Theory suggests that low aspirations
- caused by poverty, lack of access and knowledge - are an obstacle to
long-term upward mobility - even when resources such as cash grants are
given (E. Duflo, P. Dupas & M. Kremer, 2012).
Aspirations can be shaped through social interactions with successful peers and members of one’s community. Learning about positive experiences of others in the community help change aspirations and, in turn, induce greater investments in education and income generating activities.This simple intervention significantly improves the performance of students, whether they are too or under-performing students. These see the vision of success in careers they dream of, with knowledge on how to achieve this. The simple result is increasing current student learning and academic excellence
Mentorship is done in partnership with volunteers and organisations that share our vision, mission and goals. Mentees gain by boosting their self-esteem, confidence and desire to excel as well as learn valuable lessons on life-skills, careers, positive attitude and avoidance of social evils such as drug abuse, immorality and risky behaviours. Read more
Details of our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) are available here
Our Value Addition to youth;
- Self discovery – students first need to know themselves; their gifts, abilities, learning styles, dreams, goals and vision
- Identify possible careers – based on knowing themselves
- Prepare for their careers – based on post secondary institutions, such as universities
- Plot your educational journey – setting of goals, timelines for short, medium and long term goals
- Establish a career path – based on current & emerging challenges in the job and careers market locally and overseas
- Lifeskills for success
WE DO NOT OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS
Careers guide book: US studies.
To the right is a file for career guidance for African students wishing to study in the United States of America, courtesy of and written by Mr. Teddy Warria
Dr. Weche speaks at a school in Kangundo, Kenya
AKAD Education Group - Africa
t/a Akad Africa Ltd.
P. O. Box 47100 - 00100