Online Mentorship: Under Construction!
AKAD are introducing online mentorship solutions that allows for effectively and sustained engagement with our Peer and Adult mentors to registered students worldwide. For sustainability, this service is available at a fee, payable by MPesa (other payment platforms will be introduced later).
Current Peer Mentors include those currently enrolled in top, world class universities which include, but are not limited to the following;
- Harvard University, USA
- Stanford University, USA
- African Leadership Academy, South Africa
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- Oklahoma State University, USA
- Washington University in St. Louis
- University of Pennsylvania, USA
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Technical University of Kenya
Our online mentorship solution is undergoing User Experience testing, namely;
- Mentees and Mentors first register here
- Mentees and Mentors upload their basic information
- Based on the expressed mentee need, mentorship activities such as matching are made with communication directly on the portal.
The value of online mentorship is in providing metrics for Data Management, Workflow & Communication, Monitoring & Evaluation – with Outcome Measurement.
For sustainability, Corporate and individual sponsors will be better able to track and ensure their interests are met, which may include meeting pre-determined targets. For example, a bank may wish to monitor metrics such as opening of bank accounts, uptake of banking facilities or starting SMME’s - while targeting millions of youth in schools from upper primary, high school, out of school, college and beyond.